Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cucumbers and Caramel Corn

...another snowy Thursday...

 ...nope, not stars, it's snow; great big, fluffy flakes totally covering everything!
I finished reading The Help today--great book! It has rounded, in-depth character development while presenting a fresh new perspective on integration issues in Mississippi during the 50's and 60's.

I also completed a couple of paintings I've been working on for a few days.


Made me HUNGRY!! I had plans to go to the grocery store, the cupboards are getting pretty bare! But I got so engrossed in painting and all, by the time I got finished and cleaned up the snow was coming down so fast and hard, I just didn't want to drive in it.


I ended up with a wonderful veggie sandwich (health nut bread, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, tex-mex flavored soy cheese, cucumbers, Bermuda onions and Miracle Whip!) it was great!


...then later, when my sweet tooth kicked in I just had to make my special recipe caramel corn!!
...time to find another book to read and snuggle under the covers to pass this cold, snowy winter night...

No comments:

Post a Comment