Thursday, March 3, 2011

What I've been doing this week!

 Even when I'm working those awful shifts for a stretch of days, I usually find the time to sew, paint or draw working on projects or doing the prep work for an idea not yet attempted--it's all about priorities, and with me, I've gotta have art!! This picture above is the fabric collage (art quilt) I started a couple of weeks ago, called: Snake River Art Quilt. I've been adding new embroidery stitches as I learn them, mixing in pretty glass beads and sort of letting it "design itself" as I go along...I like it more and more all the time, but have not seen anyone else's art quilt or fabric collage looking as....hmmmm, what should I say....eclectic (!) as mine. I just worry that it looks too...cheap rather than rustic or seasoned? What do you think--any comments welcome...
 I was just messing around with a bit of acrylic paint and "lost-now-but-found" fabric paint--it's the glossy stuff...just wait, next I'm gonna play with the "puffy-stuff..."
 ...a little time spent with a long ignored watercolor...not happy with it yet, so will "adjust" some more...soon...
 ...combination of acrylic pieces and stamps...can you guess why I call this one: EYE SPY!?
 ...random collages in the works...not quite finished...want to "reflect" a bit more on these...
 ...background pages in my art journal...waiting for words and embellishments!
Above photo is of a few pages in the early stages of preparation for future collage pieces...
...having a bit of fun...not complete yet, but pausing to let it decide what "we" should do next =)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you have been busy. Everything looks great, isn't it fun to watch your creations grow into beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete