Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DVD's and BOOKs: second best to being there!

 ...of course this is the very beginning...but I like to show my work in stages...
 I admire the work of Jane LaFazio, Kelli Nina Perkins, Jane Davies and Laura Wasilowski, (to name a few--there are soooo many others!) so much and would love, love, love to take one of their classes--any of their classes!
But it's just not practical for me right now; I just don't know how I would ever have the time or $ to participate. But...I ordered "The Small Art Quilt" by Jane LaFazio and it arrived yesterday--I actually plan to watch it again today! It's wonderfully informative, provides great descriptions and examples--I felt like Jane was in my living room! The little felt art quilt above was not thought out and planned super well, it was mostly thrown together so I could practice some of the things I learned AND it is nowhere near completion...I just wanted to get a different perspective! I even turned my desk around so I can work more comfortably while I watch TV in the evenings! I also ordered: Stitch Alchemy: Combining Fabric & Paper for Mixed Media Art by Kelli Nina Perkins. It should arrive any day now--I can hardly sit still to wait for it!! So sad I work away from home tomorrow =(



The lighting AND camera are not so wonderful, and I probably should have taken these out of the plastic, but didn't want to risk dirtying them up. These are a few of the quilt squares I've pieced together for the fundraiser quilt project I'm heading up at work. It should be fun to see the project come together--I'll post updates as the squares are turned in.
Well, it's back to sewing and all that art jazz that makes me the happiest!!

1 comment: