Saturday, April 2, 2011

Procrastination

I'm trying to find ways to incorporate "me" time, which translates to "art" time, during my dreary 12 - 16 hour work shifts...


 ...presto...this magically becomes...

 ...this...well, it's a beginning, but viewing the colors, touching the fabric or paint, or sketching tools...or whatever...touching the art and translating from my weary mind, through my fingertips to whatever the medium...saves me.
 I finally ordered a few books and DVDs from a few blogspot.com community artists I admire...would rather take classes--in person...but when that's not possible as is the case with me (boo-hoo) their amazingly wonderful books and DVDs are second best...

...and this stunning fabric was included with my purchases from Laura Wasilowski over at Artbabrik. Notice how perfectly it coordinates with the recent color choices I've been making....genius...

 ...alas...procrastinator that I (am) can be...I have to force some rules upon myself this weekend...I am not allowed to break open the cello and watch this coveted DVD or peruse the longed for book (as I did immediately with orders from Jane LaFazio and Kelli Nina Perkins)...nope, I'm waaaay behind in a mandatory homework assignment from work...


 ...bleh...so, first things, first...

I will be, yes, I WILL be completing this (dreaded) self-evaluation so my boss can get on with completing my annual eval...again--bleh!!

 ...but, just in case I run out of things to do (not) I have prepped a couple of canvases for my next collage project...tune back in to see what becomes of these beauties! Happy Spring =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, The last two photo's. Is that sewing patterns glued to a canvas or something ?! If that's what they are we must be on the same wave lengths or radio freq.s. I have a small canvas that I glued sewing patterns to a while back. I haven't figured out what to paint on it, have you?
    BTW-I too would love to take some workshops in person but have to be content w/ DVD's. Poor me. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue--yes, these are very large canvases, 16 x 24 inches, that I first prepped with acrylic paints (mostly shades of blues and greens), then glued a layer of newspaper and pieces of maps from a state atlas (great free find!) last layer (so far) is pieces of a vintage pattern. I think it looks cool, but not sure what it wants to be yet! Time will tell...
    Ya know, SW VA isn't too far from SE MI!! Some of my current favorite artists are in Mid West MI, mid Ohio and somewhere in Illinois...maybe we shall meet someday at one of those coveted weekend art retreats! Happy Trails indeed!! Thnx!

    ReplyDelete