Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Intro to blogging--a bit about me

Funny how long it's taken me to get around to developing my own blog! I have randomly read blogs written by others and even religiously follow a couple--always thinking I should get busy and finally write my own. So, that's what I'm doing today--here we go.

Much like most days when I'm not nursing at the hospital, I'm still in my pj's with the computer on my lap, working on my websites (http://www.onewoman.etsy.com/ and http://www.pkhouse45.etsy.com/). The girls (Lucy and Bella) are cuddled up atop a quilt on the floor



and it is blowing and snowing and frigid outdoors.

What did I want to be when I grew up? I have always wanted to be an artist and writer. Well, when I was a very little girl, I wanted to be a kitty cat. Later on, when I realized becoming a feline was not possible, when I was maybe 8 or 10 or so, I knew then that writing and art was in my future.

Well, I currently make my living as an RN. I had many years of grunt work in the food service industry, but when I finally had the opportunity to return to college a few years ago, I opted to take a more practical approach. I conservatively chose to pursue a nursing career, even though in my heart of hearts I'm an artist and a writer.

Oh--I have a telephone interview...BBL!!

The telephone interview was for a hospice nursing caseworker--in the field. It was very successful! I could probably have the job if I wanted it, but having more information now than before this phone call, I know that it's not for me. There would be too much driving and not enough money--it's salaried! AND no retirement--what--are they kidding! So, like I said, successful--I intend to do a bit of research into the company but I'm pretty certain it's a no!
I did apply for a position in a local hospice organization and am eager to get an interview. I would leave the U for that one.
I'm getting ahead of myself...but since I already know all the details, you'll just have to catch up =) I'll be as clear and specific as I can, and will back track from time to time to fill in the gaps.
So, I am no longer dieting--I am making significant lifestyle changes, getting healthier and happier and into smaller sizes as a bonus! But I had a terrible hankering for something sweet --maybe it's that panic thing that takes over when a snowstorm blows in (such as today's blizzard, note photo posted above) and you begin to feel like you might be stranded for days on end...so I made some biscuits! That was easy enough. And they looked pretty good too.
light and fluffy even if not flaky enough...who wouldn't want one?


Boy how looks can deceive...they tasted like warm, golden hockey pucks. Bleh! Sadly, they are now in the trash can, and I am thinking about a bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins.

Back to the topic...before I finish my first entry, I feel the need to define my theme, or something like that!

I intend to blog minimally about my life in general, and focus more completely on my passions:

MY ART
vase of flowers my daughter brought home from a friendly date...
my friend Debra and her two girls-she hasn't seen this yet...it's a first try...

 
Poppy's...they are so beautiful, free and wild, they make me feel good!

These few simple paintings are just samples of my work. I have quite a large inventory of paintings and drawings to which I add several each week.

AND FOOD!!
egg whites farmers omelet and fresh fruit
 fresh veggies...

salmon and asparagus with a garbage salad (better than it sounds, honest!)

And of course, you've already seen MY GIRLS, my heart:

 and LAKE MICHIGAN...

AND WRITING, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment