Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sew What!

I spent much of the day today finishing up some projects that I started last year but put away when it started getting warmer outside. Bella is modeling one of the fleece coats I finished--isn't she cute! This little coat even has a pocket on the back where you can stow your keys or an "doggie bag" or your identification...something small... This is the pile of completed coats...don't actually know why I made so many to start with...she can only wear one at a time, right? I may end up listing them on etsy...we'll see. I may give them to needy pups...




Currently, 3 of my coworkers are pregnant; one expecting a girl, one expecting a boy and not sure about the other one yet. These fabrics are portions of the baby quilts I'm making for each one of them. I'm happy I can do a few crafty things--it just seems like there is always something or the other going on at work that requires $ contribution...it really adds up!

..two more of the baby quilt tops ready to tie off and finish...
One of the pictures posted below (red, black, white, gold and dragons!) is the quilt I made for my previous nurse managers retirement last year.

The other one was for a fundraiser. Some of the squares were made by members of the team at work with fabric I provided. It turned out pretty well, don't you think?
<----the table got in the way a little bit, but you get you idea?
More completed project in the next few posts...I have some journal covers I can't wait to get back to. The base work is completed, now I get to embellish each one and give it it's own personality!!


No comments:

Post a Comment