Sunday, February 20, 2011

Doodle All The Day

 I didn't go to nursing school until I was in my mid forties and I found some studies difficult to comprehend at first--especially going at such a fast pace! During the second part of the first year one of my instructors introduced a concept she developed called: mind mapping. WOW--really cool, made so much sense to me and after that, my mind was literally opened wide!! It made me realize that I am a conceptual thinker/learner, and so do best by association. Using the concept I made mind maps of every disease process and diagnosis and "mapped" the multitude of connecting factors which eventually linked all the concepts we were required to learn--It was truly a "mind blowing" concept for me and I did much better after that point. Anyway, the other day I was thinking about mind mapping wondering if I could apply the concept to my life in general because sometimes I get one idea right after the next and it makes me feel so hyper trying to get a doodle or phrase jotted down so I won't forget and so I can expand on the idea later...so, as I was speeding along in my journal to capture "a moment" I remembered the concept and quickly jotted this open-minded idea down, too...there will be more detailed mind mapping in future posts, you can be sure of that!

...this page from my art journal is a bit of doodling I started a while ago and finished today...doodling helps me relax and often generates grander idea's...
Awhile ago I started illustrating this idea I had about a Fairy Princess who is best friends with a Raven; as they grow up they become separated by class and soon become estranged. After a series of unfortunate suitors are rejected, the Evil Ogre from Nowwheresville captures the Fairy Princess and locks her up in a musty dungeon. The Raven returns to rescue her...TBC...

I decided to make a separate journal for this story and other similar that may follow (the mind map is on overtime when I'm thinking about the story line and subsequent scenario's!!) So, this collage will be the front cover.                                                       P.S. I took your advice, Sue, and added some paint and doodles, etc. I like it well enough...there is certainly more where that came from!!
...this is...just random beginnings...it doesn't know what it wants to become yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment