Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Spring Winds

 It always surprises me how a too-busy at-the-job work-week can zap my energy and keep me away from my art table...gotta remedy that by getting my project boxes finished...meanwhile, I'm at the table bright and early this windy Saturday with a cup of caramel coffee and two days of creativity in front of me =) yay!!!
 I've had this idea about using every last little scrap of everything rejected to compile art journal covers and collages...then I was thinking that I can even use the paper as filler even if it's partially used--it'll just be added interest...I think...I hope...anyway, gonna give it a try...
 I'm thinking that part of the BRILLIANCE of collage is using EVERYTHING and since I'm such a fan of recycling and reusing...oh, and thrifty budgeting, too (!) it just makes sense to keep pasting and layering right down to the last teeny scrap...
...and then I was even thinking about the bookmarks that I'm so fond of making...I can collage them, too...
...all these wonderful idea's before 9 a.m. Saturday...what was I thinking??? So, I'll just finish my second cup of coffee and let Bella hang on my lap for a few more lazy minutes...
...then we'll let the ART begin!!

1 comment:

  1. Collaging is FUN ! And using every little scrap can be a good thing. I've beenwanting to do some journal type things w/collage and handmade papers. Sort of going away gifts to my babes when I kick the bucket. I'm so slow I may may not get them done before the bucket finds me.
    I can be morbid. Add some painting to your collages - It might be just the touch they need.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete