Saturday, April 30, 2011

Tree of Life

 Today was sort of...serendipity...I had plans that were cancelled late last night so I started today feeling like I had all sorts of extra time! I started perusing some magazines and I came across this advertisement that gave me an idea about what to do with this gorgeous fabric I received as a gift for purchasing a book and DVD from Laura Wasilowski at Artfabrik.
Well, what I wanted to do with the rest of it...I used a portion of it in a quilt I began yesterday entitled PROUD.
 I sorted through my scraps bin, came up with a color palate and began drawing my design on heavy sketching paper. When I was satisfied with the result, I cut out the pieces and traced them onto the back of the fabric scraps and then cut them out.
 I haven't done any stitching yet, but this is my layout--I like it!
I was sitting for my neighbors dog, Mo, and when he gave his final approval, I pinned the pieces in place! I considered fusing the fabric, but I like the idea of raw edges for a tree and leaves...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Pam, this is beautiful!! I really like your colors and design.

    ReplyDelete