Thursday, July 14, 2011

stress relief...


Work has been incredibly stressful lately...
 So one day last week I grabbed my art stuff, current read and picnic foods and went to the pond across the street with one of my sisters for a relaxing day under the shady tree's...


 ...it was so peaceful and calm...a bit HOT, though--but it's HOT at work, too!
 So, I played a bit in my art journals...



 Then a few days ago while walking it seemed like cone flowers were everywhere! I love cone flowers...
 and Lillie's....
 These are obviously "in progress" seeing them large on the computer helps me get a better perspective on what I want to do to finish them up...
...and of course this is my personal version of the things I love most about my wonderful state...water, forests...hiking, shade, swimming, boating...lovely breezes off Lake Michigan...ahhh, South Haven, here I come...

3 comments:

  1. So happy you are able to relax and enjoy your creative side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing by the pond with a good book, art supplies, and food....hard not to be jealous! Sounds lovely in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just loving what you're doing in your sketchbooks. The colors are so clear and uplifting. Enjoy the heat in Michigan -- it's cold and raining in here in the Northwest.

    ReplyDelete