Thursday, October 13, 2011

New Beginnings =)

It feels so good to finally have some free time to myself to experiment, play...create!!

paper napkin treated with a glossy gel medium then adhered to cotton batting and stiched after it dried.

close up detail of same

view of cotton batting after stitching complete
 ...not sure what I'm going to do with this...looks so much like leather to me that I kinda want to make a clutch...but might just continue on as an autumn theme art quilt; I'll embellish and bind and hang it!! Time will tell =)
11 x 14 canvas panel, collaged with vintage newspaper and dress patterns, several layers of acrylic wash applied, then acrylic outline of paisley and other free form designs added

18 x 24 original watercolor: Across The Field

18 x 24 original watercolor Poppy Floral

I do!
 Above is an art quilt I made in the spring using scraps and recycled items.
 Close up details of quilt above...
 hand painted muslin...machine quilting completed, ready for embellishments and hand quilting and embroidery...
Jeanine's Birthday Flowers from friend, Dana
....next watercolor subject! My neighbor received a lovely bouquet of flowers from a friend for her birthday last week. I took more than a dozen photo's in a variety of settings and view and am excited to begin sketches...when I have time!!! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love you napkin experiment! Also the watercolor landscape.....but I am partial to landscapes.

    ReplyDelete