Monday, March 26, 2012

 My mom loved wind chimes; she loved birds and bunnies and other warm fuzzies of nature, and all things gaudy and baublesh--made up my own word, there...just like my mom =)
 Yesterday, while sorting through some boxes in the basement, I came across two sets of wind chimes.
 These metal birds with nests, pictured above, were my moms. Her nimble fingers tied and over the years, retied, every string to keep the birdies dangling. I have them temporarily located just outside my back doorwall and every little chime and tinkle is like my mothers delightful laughter--she took so much joy in simple things...xo
 This brilliant purple globe is my gift to myself--only I forgot about it and tucked it away in a storage box! A few years ago I got two just like this and gave one to a sister that I don't see very often and kept the other for myself. The idea was sort of like the prayer flags: softly blowing breezes would set off the lovely chimes bridging the distance between us...I sure do miss her.
...it's sort of windy out right now...
 ...wonder if she has her chimes hanging today...
Well I have to share some of my creations with you; I've been a little artsy craftsy lately...
 I was shopping with another sister this weekend and I ended up getting a cool fushia scarf--an eclectic neck tie of a sort...
 I liked it so much I made a similar one in teals and blues, which remind me of Lake Michigan. Then I made another and added complimentary oranges and pinks, to relect the sunrise--or sunset--or both!!
Some of my favorite color combinations, anyway!
 Then I started thinking about how cool they would look as shoulder straps for my bohemian bags...so, voici! here is the first one...
 Ta-daaaa!!!!
 I think it's cool--I'm so happy with it! What do you think?
Couldn't stop there...decided to make some new tags to stitch in place...

No comments:

Post a Comment