Monday, October 12, 2015

Where have I been and what has been happening?

I know I've been gone for quite some time--so much has happened...things that were out of my control, things that left me numb and devastated.

I will fill you in, not to solicit concern, but as an explanation of why I've been away...and to voice how grateful I am to have "art" to help me heal and move on...

This past year and a half has been filled to the brim with loss and despair...it was almost too much to handle at times...among those losses, my dear friend, Jeanine (pictured on the left trying on a purple mask at Pier One Imports around Halloween time a couple of years ago--we had so much fun shopping!) was lost to me June 2nd, 2014...

Suddenly...my sister-friend, confidant, laughing partner, dog-helper buddy, neighbor and walking partner...suddenly, she was gone...

 --no one in her family could take in her two dogs...first, there was Mosely, her 11 year old Yorkie was diabetic with Cushing's disease and needed a lot of time and attention everyday--shots, medicine and careful monitoring. And then there was poor little Joey, her newly adopted poodle, who was finally beginning to relax in his loving home with Jeanine--he had been abused and abandoned but he blossomed with her loving care...So, I took in both boys...along with my three dogs...we were quite the menagerie...happily, Joey soon went to live with his previous foster mama who loves him dearly--Joey has a "Golden" brother named Peanut and apparently spends much of his days lounging around with him on the deck or the sofa--not a care in the world.
Sadly, Mosely did not recover from the loss of his mama; the challenge of his disabilities and his depression overcame him and he slipped away just three months later...


Then, just a little more than a year later, my friend, Larry was in a biking accident (July 2015) and did not survive the injuries he sustained. After 3 emergency surgeries, his body was just wore out and he left this world...too soon.

My daughter, Jesse--healthy, vibrant as ever, very happy, AND very much alive--cut the apron strings...


 MY apron strings...
...and MOVED to Colorado! Of course I'm happy for her, but...I misssss her desperately!

When she was a little girl I used to sing "you are my sunshine" to her at bedtime...So, at her request, I made this colorful collage for her new home...in Colorado...I'm looking forward to seeing her in November...
She misses me too...snuggles with the quilt I made for her...adult blankie...
 I've been doing more sewing...clutches and shoulder bags, nap quilts, coin purses--everything with my raw-edge bohemian twist...
 something so healing about touching fabric...
 feeling the color, texture...it just envelopes me with soothing inspiration...

I have so much more to tell  you...so much more to show you...but this has to be enough...for now!
Love and Peace...Pam =)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of your many losses, but I'm glad you're back to blogging and sharing your wonderful, colorful, healing art. And I know what you mean about the apron strings being cut -- it hurts, but we've succeeded if they're happy and independent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PamOctober 13, 2015 at 5:40 AM
      Thank you, Sherrie! I debated about "too much detail" but in the end, my blog has always been about the threads of "real life" happenings that intertwine and intermingle with my art--in many ways being the reason FOR my art...anyway, thank you! I MUST peruse your page (and Ellen's and others!) to catch up! xo

      ReplyDelete

      Delete